Reduced costs, increased productivity, and the need to make better use of physical spaces made many companies look for temporary material storage services. This includes receiving products in the warehouse, loading, and stocking, including products that need appropriate and specific environments.
Currently, the logistical costs of temporary storage of items are seen as an investment in the short and medium term. They allow companies to store raw materials, goods, and other products safely, facilitating organization and ensuring greater productivity on the day.
However, to ensure efficiency, the temporary storage of materials and products must be carried out strategically and managed by a highly qualified team. The partner company must use specific methods to identify these materials – the most used, the explosive – to facilitate the entry and exit of the items.
In addition, it is essential to have administrative systems and solutions that allow the control of inventories in real-time and, of course, the management of the materials stored there. This ensures that the company can control everything stored and maintain the integrity and quality of the stored items.
Temporary Storage Rooms
A temporary warehouse must also have adequate equipment and physical structure prepared to receive the most diverse types of materials. In addition, the site must have a controlled stock, which allows easy access so that people can find what they are looking for quickly and remove them whenever necessary. When opting for a temporary storage service, it is essential to keep functionality in mind.
Currently, Tuweco offers the most different storage systems, which vary significantly according to the type of material used and the customer’s need.
Below, we have separated some of the most used systems.
- Pallet trucks: allows the storage of materials vertically. The system requires the use of forklifts so that the upper structures can be reached, being ideal for temporary storage, as it allows simple movements without the need to move other loads.
- Racks: metal structures used to optimize spaces, as they allow more items to be stored in the same physical space.
- Mezzanine: this type of structure allows the verticalization of spaces, is known for its elevation. It is possible to store items on two floors: on the mezzanine and below it. Another advantage is that shelves can be added to space, further optimizing the environment.
Advantages Of Temporary Storage Rooms
Efficient storage of materials allows processes to be streamlined. For this, the logistic services companies have specific systems, technologies, and monitoring tools that facilitate the companies’ routine and guarantee the quality of the products, besides bringing countless other benefits.
Among the main ones we can mention:
- Better use of space
- Cost reduction
- Monitoring and inspection of processes
- Monitoring of stocks and products
- Reduction of losses and problems
- Fast service and easy identification of materials
- Ease of materials management.
In other words, temporary material storage services should facilitate all sectors of a company, ensuring a business organization and greater productivity and efficiency.